MEdigel Z® & MEdipatch Gel Z®
VARIOUS STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THE EFFECTIVENESS OF POLYMERS TO PREVENT THE FORMATION OF SCARS. MEDIGEL IS A COMBINATION OF TRIBLOCK CO-POLYMER AND H1 CLASS MINERAL OIL.
Originally devised for the treatment of scars for burn victims, Medigel scar management gels now have a wider range of usage for surgeries which includes aesthetics, orthopedics and podiatry. Utilizing the same technology used for Medigel Z® and Medipatch Gel Z® was introduced. An advantage to self-adhesiveness is repetitive applications. In addition to it’s scar treatment properties. Medigel Z® is proven to have more elasticity and is guaranteed for 12 weeks. Studies(*) have shown that with proper care, Medigel can last up to 6 months(**).
* Study of 106 burn patients implemented in the rehabilitation center of STER in Lamadou les Bains (France) with doctors JP. Gavoy, A. Podela, G. Plantier, C. Labadie and F. Ster. ** In optimal condition of use.
Protects scar site against chafing, can be used in conjunction with compression garments
- Expands and conforms to patient movements
- Available with fabric lining
- Can be cut to desired size
- Economical, last 3 to 6 times longer than silicone sheets
- Available in adhesive and non-adhesive sheets
Studies implemented in rehabilitation center specializing in acute burn treatment have proven that Medical Z® products had good or excellent results in 75% of cases.
Medipatch Gel Z®has been constructed from the same technology as the Medigel Z® , which offers the advantage of self adhering to various body surfaces and has been proven superb in repetitive usage without losing its adhesive properties.
Medipatch Gel Z® is available as transparent or lined with fabric. It is available in various shapes and sizes to accommodate various anatomic surfaces.
DOWNLOAD OUR STUDIES IN PDF FORMAT:
How to care for Medipatch Gel Z® and Medigel Z®?
*Study carried out on 106 patients at the STER motor rehabilitation center in Lamalou-les-bains (34) by Doctors J.P. Gavroy, A. Poveda, G. Plantier, C. Labadie and F. Ster.